...

2/11/13

Work in Progress: Star Quilt

DSCN3065

DSCN3070

DSCN3069

After a few days of neglect I finally got back to my Star Quilt. As the number of blocks grows so is my  pile of scraps leftover from building the blocks. Each time I worked on the blocks I kept wondering what to make with the scraps. The pieces are in the small side but perfect half square triangles; and I simply couldn't bare the thought of them just going to waste, And today I finally had my "Aha! moment." I figured out what to make with the tiny triangles and came up with this sort of pinwheel block. The finished size is going to be 3.5", a pretty good size and since I'm going to end up having a good number of them I'm thinking about making them into a couple of pillows or maybe a bag. 

Have a lovely week.

Martha.

9 comments:

  1. it looks like a windmill ! what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block is very original! Thanks for showing it. I might use something similar for my own 10x10 cm quilt blocks.
    Kind regards from a cold Netherlands/Europe, Marjo B-W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that little pinwheel is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using 2 of those fabrics myself for my 'coffins', love Denyse Schmidt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... this is a great idea. Lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a premonition... this quilt is going to be a stunner like none other. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waste not, want not as they say Martha, great idea for your leftover fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very clever and beautiful way to use your cut-offs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!